Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Random Rundown

So this Blog thing is looking very much like my personal journal... vacant.

At the moment we're in the middle of having our kitchen renovated.  I have to admit that I'm really excited by the prospect - not so excited about the pricetag.  The kitchen looks like a war zone and we found all sorts of delightful (mostly squashed) critters behind the old cabinetry, mixed with the oil and steam and ooze that came off the stove, and due to the fact that we didn't have an extractor fan, came to rest behind the cabinets.  But - now they are gone and we eagerly await the installation of the new kitchen.  If I knew how to put pictures up, I would.

We (being the royal we), have just recently planted our vegetable garden for the Spring/Summer season.  The Boss was a great inspiration - she said "I would like this, and this, and this planted" and then I somehow found the motivation to make it happen!  We have planted Sweet Corn, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Capsicum, Snow Peas, Beans, Parsley and Mint.  We already have a herb garden with Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano and Tarragon so we're looking forward to adding to our fresh ingredients by actually including food and not just herbal tea elements.  So far only the Zucchini and Snow peas have sprouted, but there are promising signs in the tomato and capsicum areas.  I think we may have been a little early in planting the corn - I think the soil might still be too cold for it.  We will wait and see.  Again... if I knew how to put photos up, I would.  Maybe that will be my goal for next time - photos... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment